Work for Us
Do you have what it takes?
Are you hard working, have a positive attitude and are enthusiastic about meeting new people and visiting new places? Does a nomadic lifestyle, living out of your backpack and being away for over a year at a time excite and interest you?
If you are all of the above as well as level headed, patient and you fancy a new lifestyle choice, then read on........
We are always on the lookout for good, enthusiastic, and competent drivers and Tour Leaders (plus if you have already travelled on a Viva Expeditions trip we will give your job application preference).
Basic Job Requirements (contact us for an Employment Questionnaire & any queries you have)
- Your nationality is not important but you must be fluent in English and we do prefer that you have at least a basic understanding of Spanish (this would be furthered with some study time in South America and lots of practice)
- After training we expect Viva Crew to work with us for a minimum of 1 year.
- Must already have personal travel experience either in group or overland travel or independently.
- Highly motivated & be willing to get stuck into all aspects of the job & get involved with your travelling group.
- Must be motivated to learn about the regions through which we travel in order to understand the local cultures, know the local flora and fauna etc and pass this information on to the passengers.
- We generally cater to travellers 35 year + and a majority of our passengers are between 45 and 65 years of ages. As such you much be comfortable interacting with all ages.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations calmly and efficiently.
- Enjoy all aspects of travel.
- Hold a current LGV/PCV licence.
- You must be over 25 years of age (for insurance purposes).
- Your nationality is not important but you must be fluent in English and we do prefer that you have at least a basic understanding of Spanish or are willing to learn.
- Have either solid mechanical knowledge or a trade background such as Electrician, Carpenter, Engineer that would give you an aptitude for mechanics.
- You must already have your own travel experience.
How do I apply?
Deciding to work in overland travel is essentially a lifestyle choice. We will not promise you rich financial rewards, so if it's a fat salary that motivates you don't read any further. What Viva offers you is the chance of a lifetime. The chance to extensively in South America and to meet different people from all over the world.
Viva crew are able to save most of what they earn each trip as their main day to day expenses are taken care of.
You will certainly miss the comforts of home life and have to put up with some uncomfortable beds, you will probably get ill at times and not be able to call in sick as you will have a group of 16 people full of energy waiting for you. But you will see amazing sights and have to face up to, and conquer many challenges most people would never encounter
Viva provides comprehensive emergency medical cover while you are abroad with us. All your essential costs, such as visa's, most meals, accommodation are covered by Viva.
Most of our training takes place 'on the road'.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us a CV about yourself detailing your travel experience and we will email or post you an application form for a Tour Leader or Driver.
Upon receiving your completed application form we will decide if we think you are suitable will arrange an informal interview.