Chile - Wild Patagonia
The Best of Southern Argentina & ChileExpedition Walking
Day 1. Santiago
Your tour begins with a bang in Santiago, Chile's cosmopolitan capital city.
Day 2. Santiago → Santa Cruz
Wine tasting and wine making on the Colchagua Valley including a special visit to the Colchagua museum.
Day 3. Santa Cruz → Pucon
Arrive in the heart of the Chilean Lakes District and absorb the nature surrounding you.
Day 4 - 5. Pucon
Lace up your boots to hike Huerquehue National Park. Take some free time to hike Villarica volcano.
Day 6. Pucon → Bariloche
Sit back and marvel along the scenic seven lakes drive to Bariloche, Argentina.
Day 7 - 8. Bariloche
Get your boots out again for the Nahuel Huapi National Park and enjoy any of the activities on offer including hiking, biking, kayaking . . .
Day 9. Bariloche → Futaleufu
Cross into Chile and hit the Carretera Austral ’Southern Road’, with a reputation as South Americas best road trip.
Day 10. Futaleufu → Queulat National Park
Enjoy the fabulous scenery of the Carretera Austral and visit the fishing village of Puyuhuapi on the edge of the Chilean Fiords.
Day 11. Queulat National Park
Get up close and personal to a spectacular hanging glacier in the Queulat National Park. Nature at its finest!
Day 12. Queulat National Park → Coyhaique
Hike in the enchanted forest as we continue our journey to Coyhaique.
Day 13. Coyhaique → Ruta 40
Cross back into Argentina and on to the famous Ruta 40 (Route 40).
Day 14. Ruta 40 → El Chalten
Enjoy the landscapes of the Patagonian Steppe as we head south.
Day 15. El Chalten
Trek the through the national park in El Chalten, Argentina's trekking capital. Great views of Mount Fitz Roy.
Day 16. El Chalten → El Calafate
Walk on top of the mighty Viedma Glacier and explore magical ice caves.
Day 17. El Calafate
Visit the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the earths most dynamic and accessible ice fields.
Day 18. El Calafate → Torres Del Paine
Head back into Chile to Torres Del Paine, South Americas finest National Park.
Day 19 - 21. Torres Del Paine
Breath-taking vistas await you on hikes to the Greys Glacier, French Valley and Las Torres.
Day 22. Torres Del Paine → Punta Arenas
We arrive to Punta Arenas. Enjoy a special meal that includes tasters of regional wild game.
Day 23. Punta Arenas → Cerro Sombrero
Enjoy your morning exploring Punta Arenas before crossing the Straights of Magellan onto the island of Tierra Del Fuego.
Day 24. Cerro Sombrero → Ushuaia
Visit a King Penguin colony on the way to Ushuaia, the most southerly city in the world.
Day 25. Ushuaia
Explore Tierra Del Fuego National Park and arrive at ’the end of the road’: Lapatia Bay. Take a cruise on the Beagle Channel to view wildlife and learn of the regions history.
Day 26. Ushuaia → Depart
Depart Ushuaia with wonderful memories, and a new respect of our wonderful planet courtesy of Patagonia.
Note: The information regarding itinerary is given in good faith and is subject to change and /or cancellation, due to weather / political and / or country instabilities and general safety / road conditions etc. Any such changes and/or cancellations which are in our control will be decided by the crew and will be discussed with the group beforehand whenever possible.
- 25 nights accommodation - 21 nights in comfortable tourist class hotels and guesthouses, 3 nights in cabins, 1 night in hiking refuge in Torres Del Paine National Park
- Transport in our custom built all-terrain expedition vehicles
- Approximately 25 Breakfasts, 21 Lunches, 18 Dinners
- Service of an experienced western tour leader as well as local guides
- Experienced Driver/Mechanic
- Services of camp assistant while camping
- All National Park Entrance fees
- Vineyard tour & wine making Colchagua Valley
- Colchagua Museum Santa Cruz
- Hiking in Huerquehue National Park Pucon
- 7 Lakes Drive Pucon to Bariloche
- Scenic Circuito Chico tour Bariloche
- High Tea - Llao Llao resort, Bariloche
- South Americas Best Road Trip Carretera Austral
- Queulat National Park & Queulat Hanging Glacier Carretera Austral
- Enchanted forest hike Carretera Austral
- Overnight at a Patagonian Estancia Route 40
- Viedma Glacier Ice Trekking El Chalten
- Guided Hiking in EL Chalten - El Chalten
- Moreno Glacier day trip including Nautical Safari El Calafate
- Day Hikes/Excursions Torres Del Paine National Park
- Useless Bay Penguin Colony Tierra Del Fuego
- Crossing the Straights of Magellan
- Beagle Channel Boat trip Ushuaia
- Tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park - Ushuaia
23 February 2014
My recent trip to Patagonia was my second to South America but my first with Viva Expeditions. It was a fantastic experience that I will never forget. Every day was filled with something new and exciting to see and do. Mel and Franco were wonderful as our tour leader and driver and made sure that everyone was well looked after. Mel's cooking was great and even her restaurant recommendations on our free nights were spot on. There were so many highlights that it is hard to pick one. For me hiking is a passion so I would have to say climbing Villarica...Read more
Booking Wild Patagonia
Main Tour Cost: $8195.00+Local Payment of USD $750.00
You can provisionally book now with a minimum deposit of $1,000.00
From $8195.00 AUD
+Local Payment of USD $750.00
Click Here for info on Local Payment
Prices valid from 30 October 2014 - 18 April 2016
Special!Take this tour from 27/02/2015 to 24/03/2015 and pay only:
AUD $7185.00 (Save $1010)
Click Here for info on Local Payment
More dates available for this tour with reverse itinerary.
Click here to view reverse itinerary
Goes Well With
Why not combine this tour with a 4 day cruise around Cape Horn and the Southern Fiords from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas.
However if you would like a single room you can choose to pay the additional single supplement.
However if you are not willing to share and would like a private room throughout the tour you can guarantee this by choosing to pay the additional single supplement.
Where time is spent camping single tents are on a subject to availability basis. Please note the willing to share does not apply to specialty tours, independent adventures, tour add-ons and Galapagos packages.