Argentina - Wild Patagonia
The Best of Southern Argentina & ChileExpedition Walking
Day 1. Santiago
Your tour begins with a bang in Santiago, Chile's cosmopolitan capital city.
Day 2. Santiago → Santa Cruz
Wine tasting and wine making on the Colchagua Valley including a special visit to the Colchagua museum.
Day 3. Santa Cruz → Pucon
Arrive in the heart of the Chilean Lakes District and absorb the nature surrounding you.
Day 4 - 5. Pucon
Lace up your boots to hike Huerquehue National Park, and soak in the thermal springs. Take some free time to hike Villarica volcano.
Day 6. Pucon → Bariloche
Sit back and marvel along the scenic seven lakes drive to Bariloche, Argentina.
Day 7 - 8. Bariloche
Get your boots out again for the Nahuel Huapi National Park and enjoy any of the activities on offer including hiking, biking, kayaking . . .
Day 9. Bariloche → Futaleufu
Cross into Chile and hit the Carretera Austral ’Southern Road’, with a reputation as South Americas best road trip.
Day 10. Futaleufu
Just for something different, we will be staying on a working farm where you can make the most of farm walks and learn about the ’Gaucho’ way of life.
Day 11. Futaleufu → Queulat National Park
Get up close and personal to a spectacular hanging glacier in the Queulat National Park. Nature at its finest!
Day 12. Queulat National Park → Coyhaique
Hike in the enchanted forest as we continue our journey to Coyhaique.
Day 13. Coyhaique → Ruta 40
Cross back into Argentina and on to the famous Ruta 40 (Route 40).
Day 14. Ruta 40 → El Chalten
Enjoy the landscapes of the Patagonian Steppe as we head south.
Day 15. El Chalten
Trek the wonderful Laguna de los Trek hike to view Mount Fitzroy in El Chalten, Argentina's trekking capital.
Day 16. El Chalten → El Calafate
Walk on top of the mighty Viedma Glacier and explore magical ice caves.
Day 17. El Calafate
Visit the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the earths most dynamic and accessible ice fields.
Day 18. El Calafate → Torres Del Paine
Head back into Chile to Torres Del Paine, South Americas finest National Park.
Day 19 - 21. Torres Del Paine
Hear stories straight from the locals on guided hikes to the Greys Glacier, French Valley and Las Torres.
Day 22. Torres Del Paine → Punta Arenas
Visit the Seno Otway Colony, home to 3,000 breeding pairs of Magallanic Penguins.
Day 23. Punta Arenas → Cerro Sombrero
Enjoy your morning exploring Punta Arenas before crossing the Straights of Magellan onto the island of Tierra Del Fuego.
Day 24. Cerro Sombrero → Ushuaia
Visit a King Penguin colony on the way to Ushuaia, the most southerly city in the world.
Day 25. Ushuaia
Explore Tierra Del Fuego National Park and arrive at ’the end of the road’: Lapatia Bay. Take a cruise on the Beagle Channel to view wildlife and learn of the regions history.
Day 26. Ushuaia → Depart
Depart Ushuaia with wonderful memories, and a new respect of our wonderful planet courtesy of Patagonia.
Note: The information regarding itinerary is given in good faith and is subject to change and /or cancellation, due to weather / political and / or country instabilities and general safety / road conditions etc. Any such changes and/or cancellations which are in our control will be decided by the crew and will be discussed with the group beforehand whenever possible.
- 25 nights accommodation - 17 nights in comfortable tourist class hotels and guesthouses, 3 nights in cabins, 3 nights fully serviced camping, 1 night in hiking refuge in Torres Del Paine National Park
- Transport in our custom built all-terrain expedition vehicles
- Approximately 25 Breakfasts, 19 Lunches, 17 Dinners
- Service of an experienced western tour leader as well as local guides
- Experienced Driver/Mechanic
- Services of camp assistant while camping
- All National Park Entrance fees
- Vineyard tour – Colchagua Valley
- Colchagua Museum - Santa Cruz
- Hiking in Huerquehue National Park – Pucon
- Natural Thermal Springs – Pucon
- 7 Lakes Drive – Pucon to Bariloche
- Scenic Circuito Chico tour – Bariloche
- High Tea - Llao Llao resort, Bariloche
- Hiking in Futaleufu region – Carretera Austral
- Queulat National Park & Queulat Hanging Glacier – Carretera Austral
- Overnight at a Patagonian Estancia – Route 40
- Viedma Glacier Ice Trekking – El Chalten
- Trekking - El Chalten
- Moreno Glacier day trip including Nautical Safari – El Calafate
- Guided Day Hikes– Torres Del Paine National Park
- Seno Otway Penguin Colony – Punta Arenas
- Crossing of Straights of Magellan
- Beagle Channel Boat trip – Ushuaia
- Day trip to Tierra Del Fuego National Park - Ushuaia
|P. H. Cooper
23 March 2013
Where do you begin? Patagonia is absolutely fantastic and we are so glad we saw it,especially with Viva.
Wow what a team Tony and Di make. You have struck gold with them in your team. They looked after us superbly and nothing but nothing was too much for them in seeing everyone was happy.They melded a diverse group of people of different nationalities ranging from 20 yrs in age to 70 plus into a single unit with a common goal and I believe we all loved and enjoyed the experience and ambient atmosphere Tony and Di created.
Not only did we...
From $6395.00 AUD
+Local Payment of USD $750.00
Click Here for info on Local Payment
Prices valid from 29 October 2013 - 17 April 2014 (2014/2015 rates available on request).
Special!Take this tour from 23/02/2014 to 20/03/2014 and pay only:
Click Here for info on Local Payment
More dates available for this tour with reverse itinerary.
Click here to view reverse itinerary
Goes Well With
Why not combine this tour with a 4 day cruise around Cape Horn and the Southern Fiords from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas.
However if you would like a single room you can choose to pay the additional single supplement.
However if you are not willing to share and would like a private room throughout the tour you can guarantee this by choosing to pay the additional single supplement.
Where time is spent camping single tents are on a subject to availability basis. Please note the willing to share does not apply to specialty tours, independent adventures, tour add-ons and Galapagos packages.